“God gives rest to His loved ones.” Psalms 127:2
Goodnight Moon has been around for eons and loved by kids and adults! Younger GEM began her BFIAR series with this book when she was 29 months old. A lap book is created with every book we rowed, putting together the bits and pieces of crafts and learnings in one precious folder. I used half a sheet of vanguard for each lap book. We also learn a corresponding bible verse in English and Mandarin.
Below are some activities we did while we rowed Goodnight Moon.
- Bible verse from Psalms 127:2
- Glitter painting on a crescent and stars for the lapbook cover.
- Painting a red balloon with a red balloon!
- Introducing rhyming words
- House, Mouse
- Brush, Mush, Hush
- Clocks, Socks
- Kittens, Mittens
- Introducing letters M and S and their phonetic sounds.
- Working her fine motor skills with her pegging socks! Just like what we see in the “great green room”!